Flinn Stock Cars Defined
1. Any four cylinder Front wheel drive car, except the following: No convertibles, No trucks, no two seat coupes, No turbo or supercharged engines, No multi carburetors No rotary engines, No cogsworth engines. Factory stock fuel injection or stock carburators only. All cars must have a minimum wheelbase of 98 inches.
2. A minimum weight of 2400 lbs must be maintained. Top 5 from heats and top 5 from feature MUST cross scales. Failure to cross scales means disqualification. All added weight MUST be painted white with your car number on it. Loss of a weight on the track will result in disqualification.
3. Complete stock body front to rear, including stock frame, stock suspension, stock front and rear firewalls. All trunks and hoods will have working stock hinges. Hoods and trucks must be secured with hood pins only. Remove all factory hood and trunk latches. All holes in firewalls and floor must be covered with metal. Steering and suspension must be stock with no modifications. Shock towers must not be altered. No locked, welded or posi front differentials. No adjustable or overloading shocks allowed.
4. Steering and pedals must be stock, No mirrors. All cars must start with a key or use a push button or toggle switch. The vinyl cover on the dash may be removed.
5. All glass except for the windshield must be removed.(windshield may be removed).If windshield is removed 3 bars must be welded in front of driver. Lexan windshield OK. Wheel weights allowed on inside of wheel only, must be securely fastened, taped and glued.
6. All insulation and upholstery under the hood, on the floor and in the interior must be removed. All headlights, taillights, loose chrome, trim, ect must be removed from the car. All holes remaining from taillight removal will be filled in.
7. Stock motor only. All components must remain stock. After market tube style air cleaners OK
8. Variable cam timing or VCT must be disconnected on ALL cars. All cars must have these VCT wires plainly labeled for quick inspection.
9. Stock transmission for that make and model.
10. Battery may be relocated, strapped securely and covered in approved box.
11. Stock exhaust system must exit behind driver. Maximum exhaust size is 2” O.D. Loud cars may be asked to put a muffler on the end of the system.
12. No antifreeze allowed.
13. Gas tank. If stock gas tank is located ahead of the rear axle, it may remain in place. Any tank located behind the rear axle must be replaced and relocated in the truck. Use a small fuel cell 8gal or smaller. Fastened securely with 4 straps. Rear firewall must be enclosed if tank is located in the trunk.
14. Tires and Wheels. Stock wheels for that make and model only. All wheels will be a maximum of 15” x 6” All wheels will be same size.. Approved passenger car tires only, no low profile, trick or exotic tires. Maximum tire width is a 70 series(no 60 or 65 series tires). No grooving cutting or sipping of tires allowed.
15. Dash bar is highly recommended.
16. A bar to support the radiator is allowed. No bar above the bumper to protect radiator is allowed. No bars above or below front or rear bumpers.
17. Full roll cage required. Four post from inner rocker to inner rocker. Full halo overhead required, driver head with helmet must be below top of halo bars.. Minimum 3 door bars on drivers side with a 18”x 24”x1/8 plate on the outside of door bars. One horizontal bar on passenger side, one horizontal bar across behind driver. Bottom of cage must be tied together, connecting all four corners. No removal of any interior metal, inner body panels, except for driver door inner panel may be altered for door bar clearance.
18. Rear bars/Kicker bars. We will allow kicker bars for safety sake only. Maximum size is 1 ¾ round tubing. Rear bars may extend rearward from the top of the cage behind the driver angling downward toward the rear of the trunk area. We suggest having a piece of tubing welded flat on the trunk floor near the kick up at the rear of the truck area to weld your kicker bars to.
19. Stock seat may be used must have a headrest, aluminum racing seat is highly recommended. Seat must be anchored to bar behind driver Aluminum must have 4 bolts with washers is seat area. Must have 3” 5 point harness with crotch strap.
20. Nose and tail piece must be original to that make and model.
21. Roll bar padding required in driver compartment.
22. Mandatory tow hooks or chains on front and rear.
23. Fire extinguisher mandatory in driver compartment in an approved mounting device. No zip ties or duct tape.
24. No wings, spoilers, cow catchers or air deflecting devices of any kind. No hood scoops or holes in hood, any factory holes in hood must be filled in with metal.
25. All cars must have numbers with a 4”stroke and be a minimum if 16” high. Must have numbers painted on both sides of roof in opposite directions. Drivers name on roof required. Colors must contrast and be readable.
1. Driver must be 12 years old or older. Anyone that has raced in the past in any other class must have been out of racing at least 5 years or be over the age of 55.
2. A champion in this class must move up if he or she is 16 years or over.
1. No car may pass prior to passing the flag stand on the start or any restart. If you pass before reaching the flag stand you will be docked 2 places per car passed.
2. You will be sent to the pits if you are the cause of a caution, are driving to aggressively or dangerously.
3. Be ready to race in both directions on the track. You may be told to go to turn 3 and race clockwise. You may also be stopped at any time during the race and turned around to race the other direction.
4. This class starts all races from a stop at the flag stand.
The claim area is located in the center of the track with the top 5 cars lining up in victory lane.
Top 5 MUST go to the claim area after the feature. Failure to report to the claim area will result in disqualification and loss of points and trophy.(Car will still be claimable).
Claim price is $650 for the entire car except the items listed below.
Top 4 finishing cars are claimable by any driver finishing 5th place and back and claiming driver must be registered for points.
Claiming driver must finish on the lead lap, if you are passed by the lead car you are NOT eligible to claim.
Claiming driver must drive under the cars own power to the claim area.
Claims must be made within 5 minutes of the checkered flag. A coin toss will settle any multiple claims on a single car.
Refusal to sell means you may never run this class again.
Claimed drivers have 1hr to remove all items listed below. These are not included in the claim:
· Window net
· Fire Extinguisher and bracket.
· Seat belts
· Racing Seat, if you remove a racing seat a OEM seat must be supplied
20. Nose and tail piece must be original to that make and model.