* Great to see a ton of good clean side by side racing! To often we see guys so excited to be back on the track that they forget their patience. Not the case for the majority on opening night. Good job ladies and gentleman!
* Very impressed with the performance of some of the rookies, noteably Scott Neiman. The defending pro truck champion made the jump to the late models this season an in his opening night driving for Butch Eibright was able to bring the car home in 9th place! Great job to Scott and all of that crew.
* Rough night for defending champions. AJ Ward didn't make it to the feature, Roger Wing struggled mightily in his feature, and Zach Rummer didn't even bring his car. One thing about all of those guys is that we will see them near the top of the points twenty some weeks from now.
* I don't think there are enough words to express how well I think crystal drivers do at lining up following a caution. I can really see how well the raceceiver radios are utilized up in that tower when I don't even have enough time to get past the first two months of racing coming up!
* what a great job done by all of the representatives from "Cans From Race Fans". Alvie and his crew were great! Lots of food and money raised. It was great to celebrate the memory of Jake as well. You'll be missed my friend!!
* Finally, thank you mother nature. Let's do it all again next weekend!!!